In order to provide our Landlords with the very best quality tenants, you will undergo a strict application process and we will request, as a minimum, the following information for you and your guarantor (if applicable). In addition, you will need to pay application fee(s). All documentation must be original.
Unfortunately, we are only able to accept documents, as required by law, from the list below.
1. Pay your application fees at our office, via your bank or at your local Barclays Bank. Please call our office on 01642 885511 to obtain our bank details. You should use your surname as reference when paying these fees. These differ between properties, so please check the advert relating to the property you are interested in applying for details of the applicable fees.
2. Right to reside - The law now requires you to prove all tenants over 18 are able to reside in the UK. You will need to provide acceptable documentation, click here for details of what is acceptable. The document holder will need to show the original to a member of our staff.
3. Proof of identity - (see below)
4. Proof of your current address - (see below)
5. Proof of your income - normally your last 3 months pay slips / last years accounts or accountants letter may be acceptable.We may also write to your employer for confirmation.
6. Proof of your current rent /mortgage - the most recent mortgage/rental statement from your current lender / landlord. We may write to your lender/landlord for confirmation.
7. Guarantors only - Proof of home ownership will be required or a Land Registry Title Search (additional £10 cost if no acceptable evidence can be shown).
Once your application fees and the above information have been received, we will ask you to pay a holding deposit equal to the first month's rent. This fee is non-refundable. We will also arrange a moving date and you may at this stage need to provide notice to your current Landlord if you have not already done so.
Before the agreed date of moving, we will ask you to pay your bond and contract fee (£45 if applicable) and we will also arrange for contracts to be signed. You may need to ask your guarantor to attend the appointment for signing.
On the day of moving, we may need to meet you at the property to confirm the details of the inventory that has been prepared.
You cannot use one form of identification for both name and address.
For example, if you provide your driving licence as proof of your name you must provide another form of identification for your address, such as a utility bill.
|Proof of name||Proof of address|
|Current signed passport||Utility bill (gas, electric, satellite television, landline phone bill) issued within the last three months|
|Original birth certificate (UK birth certificate issued within 12 months of the date of birth in full form including those issued by UK authorities overseas such as Embassies High Commissions and HM Forces)||Local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year|
|EEA member state identity card (which can also be used as evidence of address if it carries this)||Current UK driving licence (but only if not used for the name evidence)|
|Current UK or EEA photocard driving licence||Bank, Building Society or Credit Union statement or passbook dated within the last three months|
|Full old-style driving licence||Original mortgage statement from a recognised lender issued for the last full year|
|Photographic registration cards for self-employed individuals in the construction industry -CIS4||Solicitors letter within the last three months confirming recent house purchase or land registry confirmation of address|
|Benefit book or original notification letter from Benefits Agency||Council or housing association rent card or tenancy agreement for the current year|
|Firearms or shotgun certificate||Benefit book or original notification letter from Benefits Agency (but not if used as proof of name)|
|Residence permit issued by the Home Office to EEA nationals on sight of own country passport||HMRC self-assessment letters or tax demand dated within the current financial year|
|National identity card bearing a photograph of the applicant||Electoral Register entry|
|NHS Medical card or letter of confirmation from GP’s practice of registration with the surgery|
Documents we will not accept include, but are not limited to:
- Provisional driving licence
- Mobile phone bills
- Credit card statements