TENANTS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Many thanks for considering Jones Estate Agents for your next property. The following notes are intended to help you through the application process for your new home, and to explain the procedures of renting a property. If there is anything that you are unsure of, please do not hesitate to ask us for further clarification. Please note that all fees are subject to change without notice.
Important: Please do not give notice on your current tenancy, if applicable, until your rental application has been fully processed and accepted. We will then arrange a moving date to suit you subject to the conditions below.
RIGHT TO RENT
As required by law, we will be required to check your right to reside within the UK. As such you will be required to provide the correct documentation as part of your application process. Information relating to acceptable documentation can be found HERE
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
All application forms must be completed and signed before an application for a tenancy can be formally considered. All tenants must be referenced. You are required to pay a holding fee for the property equal to one week's rent. These fees must accompany your application forms. We regret that we are unable to process your application or reserve a property until we have received payment of this fee. If the holding fee is not received within 2 working days of the application being submitted, we will delete the information received and you may need to resubmit your application. Once the holding fee has been paid, you will have 14 days to provide all of the information below. Failure to do so will result in the application being declined.
The holding fee, following acceptance of your application will be used as part of the first monthly rental payment(with your consent) or refunded to you in accordance with the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
It is important that you provide all information requested as soon as possible. All information requested should be provided within 14 days otherwise your application will be declined. You should contact us immediately if you are unable to provide any of the information requested as other documents may be suitable to confirm the information within your application.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE APPLICATION IS DECLINED ?
If you are declined for any reason and we feel another Landlord may consider you, we may offer you an alternative property.
In order to process your application, all parties (tenants and guarantors) need to provide the following information (Original Documents Required) within 14 days:
- Proof of Identity E.g. Driving License or Passport (In accordance with currently Money Laundering Regulations).
- Proof of residence E.g. Recent Utility Bill, Credit card statement or Bank statement (No older than 2 months ad in accordance with currently Money Laundering Regulations). We will also need your last 3 years address history.
- Latest 3 Months (or 12 if paid weekly) consecutive payslips.
- A copy of your tenancy agreement and proof of your last 6 months rental payments. This can be an up to date rental statement.
- 6 months bank statements showing your income and rental/mortgage payments.
- A written Landlord's reference (if rented within the last 12 months). You may need to provide written confirmation to your Landlord to release this information.
- A written Employer's reference (if currently employed). You may need to provide written confirmation to your Employer to release this information.
- A written Accountant's report (if currently self-employed). You may need to provide written confirmation to your Accountant to release this information.
- Accepable documentation to confirm Right to Rent (as noted above).
- Some Landlords ask that we conduct a viewing of your current residence. You will be notified if this is required before your applicationis processed.
If you have a Guarantor supporting your application, all of the above information must also be provided for your guarantor within the 14 days. Additionally, your guarantor will also need to proof of home-ownership. This can be a letter from the a solicitor confirming this or a Mortgage Statement, both no older than 1 month.
The security deposit will normally equate to 5 weeks rent and must be paid prior to occupation. You will be notified at the time of signing your contract whether the bond is held in Jones Estate Agents Government Approved Bond scheme or that of the Landlord(s).
Normally, the landlord will require an increased monthly rental payment of £20 minimum per month / per pet. Before submitting your application, please check with our office that Pets are acceptable for the property you are applying for.
CURRENT SCALE OF CHARGES
All charges(other than the application fee) are subject to VAT at the current rate. By signing this document you agree to have the following
payments, if required to be deducted before returning the balance of the bond to you. These payments will be made to Jones Estate Agents.
- Renewal/Change of tenancy agreement £50
- Late Payments will be charged at 3% above the Bank of England's base rate for each day that the payment is outstanding.
- Lost keys - you are required to pay for the costs of replacing the keys and or security device (eg remote key fobs).
Prior to your move in each applicant must sign the Tenancy Agreement and to pay, by cleared funds the first month's rent and the security deposit.
A monthly standing order for the rent will be required to be set up, payable 3 days before the due date to ensure the rent is in our Landlord's account on the due date. Late Payments will be charged at 3% above the Bank of England's base rate for each day that the payment is outstanding.
The Landlord will hold buildings insurance, but it is your responsibility to arrange Contents Insurance to protect your personal items. We can supply further information on request and provide you with suitable and competitive cover.
Bond scheme provided by the Deposit Protection Scheme detailed in the leaflet INFORMATION FOR TENANTS - A Tenants Guide to DPS.
FUTURE RENTAL REFERENCES
We make a charge for rental references of £25 per rental reference to the company making the request. Your may need to make payment to your new Landlord before they make this request. You will also need to provide written consent to this office before we release this information to a third party.